my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

NDP for me

Stanley

Hi, my name is Jeanette and I am back by popular demand.  I have been too consumed with awww for my new grandson that I have neglected my blog. Needless to say he is amazingly adorable. 
Today I would like to encourage you to vote NDP, Why? I will tell you why in my sisters words, (she educates me on NDP)
When Moses Znaimer took over CARP magazine he changed the name to Zoomer and coined or utilized the name as the senior Boomers. Seniors is an important part of our society and should be an important part of this election campaign. The NDP have made promises to double the pension for seniors.

            As we have written before, seniors are our hidden poor. When we say hidden we mean that they are a self respecting and quiet group. Too much so perhaps, but that is the Canadian way. Canadians are not known for making waves. We are generally a placid population. But to overlook the senior votes is becoming more of a mistake with each passing year as the boomers move into their zoomer years. This is the group who regularly vote and this may be one of the reasons why the NDP are gaining on the other parties. Not only, the youth are disenchanted with the records of the 2 prominent parties. The seniors are taking a hard look at what is to their best interest.

The NDP are gaining momentum in the polls to the point that the last few days both the Conservatives and the Liberals have begun attacks on Jack Layton. Voting for the NDP will not split the vote in a way that will be detrimental to the voters. It will be detrimental to the other parties but that can only be a good thing for the voters. Don’t be fooled. Don’t blink.” (Susanne Abildgaard)
So this is just one reason to vote NDP, but it is a good one.  Think about it, especially those of us tha,t are surviving on one income and limited funds to invest in a lot of RRSP’s, we need the old age pension to survive in the manner we have been accustomed to.  All for now, Nette

2 comments: