my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Diet?

I read my sisters blog daily and she writes often about losing weight or lack of it.  I recently read that losing weight would be so much easier if it worked like our bank accounts.  If that were true I would be a toothpick. 
So here are my thoughts: Your weight naturally fluctuates during the day, and if you have been constipated for a few days that could explain the uptrend, diarrhea the opposite.  To avoid these fluctuations make sure you weigh yourself the same time every day, (after a bowel movement).
You could also be retaining water, we all know that salt is bad, so stop eating salty chips, peanuts, nachos and eat chocolate while watching TV.
You could have hit a plateau which is known as “weight-loss plateau”.  Some plateaus can last a couple of years, but that’s okay because everyone knows that you always get off that plateau.  I’m sure mine is coming any day now.
Another reason could be that you forgot you were on a diet and plaster butter on that fresh slice of bread or nibbling while you cook. (a sip of wine a nibble of cheese, wine, you know what I mean) so stop cooking and eat out.  The most important thing is to not weigh yourself on a Monday because we ALL forget that we are on a diet during the weekend.  So I suggest you weigh yourself on Thursday, because you have been good Monday through Wednesday because you felt guilty being bad on the weekend.  Don’t weigh yourself Fridays because by then you are frustrated and tired of being good.  So I think that is the bottom line.  So be kind to yourself and stay healthy. 
All kidding aside we all know it is hard to diet, and easier to put it off until another day.
Nette.

No comments:

Post a Comment