my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Monday, March 14, 2011

Bonding

Bonding for me means many things.  We know that dogs have long been considered “man’s best friend,” and they have certainly earned the title.  The bond between humans and canines is unmistakable.  People have always been drawn to them and they to us.  Dogs have helped us in so many ways and expect little in return and are faithful and remain our loyal companions.  In return we care for them and maintain a good quality of life for them.  I miss my dog Josie, she was such a lovely dog and would be by my side day and night. 
As for humans, bonding takes some work.  It’s also in the little things we do.  For example my son David will ask me to watch one of his movies and I just don’t have the same taste in movies, so of course I say, No that’s okay. “But please mom it’s so good.”  I ask, “ does it have blood and guts in it.?” Of course it does.  Then he comes out with the old “ It’s will give us a chance to bond.” My heart melts and I agree to watch it.  My other son uses it on my too. Michael will for example the other day ask if I would drive him to Mississauga, I said, “but it’s already 2:00 o’clock, its kinda late in the day. “  He pulled the, “It will give us some bonding time.” So off we drive to Mississauga.   We actually have a good time. He can be a chatterbox sometimes.
Now there’s bonding with friends outside the family.  That can be challenging.  I have a lot of very good friends.  I try to be a true and faithful friend.  My sister has firmly believed that the one way you can tell if you have actually bonded with a friend is if you or he/she can “fart” in front of each other.  I know this may shock you coming out of my mouth. Sorry.  I don’t mean that oops, it slipped out, excuse me fart.  I mean the loud one that you just can’t pretend that it didn’t happen.  Of course then you both laugh so hard it invariably happens again and you laugh even louder.  Well I’m happy to say it happened to me this weekend,  I am blessed to have this friend as my close bonded friend.  (I am going to be dead when this person reads this.  Sorry I couldn’t help myself, but no names have been mentioned to protect the innocent.)  So, for all of you out there try to bond with a friend (you don’t really have to fart in front of them, just be there and enjoy that person.) nite for now. nette
 There are only two people who can tell you the truth about yourself - an enemy who has lost his temper and a friend who loves you dearly.Antisthenes

1 comment: