my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Grandbaby number one

I have been on pins and needles all day.  Baby Stanley was suppose to be induced today, but can you believe it, the hospital is full and there is no room for her today or tomorrow.  They are sending her to Fergus hospital, (15 minutes from Guelph) tomorrow afternoon.  Good grief!!  Waiting to be a grandma is harder than actually being the pregnant mom.  I don’t want to miss anything.  The bond between a daughter in law and mom in law can be a fragile one. Add an impending stork arrival to the mix and things can get even more complicated. For the expectant mother, there may be boundaries she needs to have respected as she prepares for the birth of her child from the expectant grandma, (which I believe I have been good about,) Her mom has no boundy’s which I understand and respect so there is undoubtedly excitement and an eagerness to be involved by both of us in the process. Finding the proper balance has been a bit tricky but by being patient I have found it possible to enjoy the pregnancy and celebrate the new addition to arrive.  They have done a beautiful job in preparing for this little one. So I will go to work tomorrow again and have a grin ear to ear telling everyone that Stanley is on his way.  I love you guys. nette

2 comments:

  1. Gee, when I saw the title as i went to "new post" I nearly dumped my salad story for my Stanley story, which has been waiting for almost 2 weeks! Stanley, Stanley, Stanley, where the heck are you?

    ReplyDelete