my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gramma is reading the rules

Both Mother and Baby are well.  Stanley had some breathing problems, his breathing was only 75% when he was born and he had a fever so the little guy was on an antibiotic IV and oxygen for 48 hrs. His breathing is perfect now and the infection is gone.  He is so sweet. 
I have been reading about how to be a good gramma.  Most of the articles are about what not to do.  Don’t give advice, don’t go over to often, don’t plan your weekends around your grandchild, don’t spoil them.  Holy crap I have already done them all.  They say that the relationship between a parent and child, and a grandparent and child are totally different. Our adopted Nana and Papa always said that the love for a grandchild is so intense that you can’t explain it.  I don’t know that yet but I am 100% sure they were right.  I have been so sad since he was born, I didn’t know why but now I do.  I haven’t had a chance to hold him until day three.  They are home now from the hospital and Mike called at 8:30 last night and asked me to come over because he felt bad that I haven’t had a chance to hold him. I was already in bed but jumped out got dressed and was there in a flash. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww is all I can say.  I left him with a 100 kisses on top of his head and the lovely smell of baby in my nostrils.  Doting Gramma? You bet.  

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh you are so lucky. I am happy you got to give baby Stanley lots of hugs and kisses! You must had the best day ever yesterday. Enjoy every moment. Can't wait to hear all about it on Monday at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad he's home, and that you finally got to hold him. So this has been a pretty great weekend for you. :)

    ReplyDelete