my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Monday, December 20, 2010

Gotta Love Weekends

I had a lovely weekend. I went out for  breakfast with my friend at 8:00am, I was up pretty late the night before partying with a couple of girlfriends, so I was still a bit dozy from too much drink and not enough sleep.  I took a nap from 10:00 to 12:00,  then  I spent the rest of  Saturday with my daughter. I treasure each moment I get to spend with her before she returns to Australia.  I invited her over for duck but when I unwrapped the plastic I realized it was only a chicken.  She was a bit disappointed because she loves my duck.  It turned out that the chicken was awesome as well.  Then we watched the movie, “ The Town” with Ben Afflick.  It wasn’t that good.  I spent Sunday with my son, which is really rare for us to have time alone.  It was nice, we went shopping and bought his sweet girlfriend a few things but every store we went in he veered over to the baby section.  It was so cute.  I can hardly wait to see him as a dad.  Then I helped him stain a project he is doing for his in-laws. All in all my weekend was special.  Tomorrow my nephew will be arriving from Calgary to spend Christmas with us.  He is an awesome young man and we are very excited to spend time with him. We will probably have games night every night he is here.  Now I am waiting for my Christmas cookies to bake.  We have a cookie exchange tomorrow.  Hope they don’t burn so until next time.  Nette

1 comment: