my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Gift

I have totally forgotten that I have a tradition of buying myself a Christmas gift.  What is that all about?  Well , I quickly set on rectifying that.  I logged onto Amazon.ca and started browsing.  I found a sweet set of books (the old trilogy theme again).  Photography.  I have always been interested in photography, so a few years ago I took an 8 week course at the community college.  I bought a nice digital camera and set off for my new career as a photographer.  What a letdown.   The instructor (her name was Jeanette as well, but spelt the wrong way.. with 2 n’s.) spent more time on talking about her experiences than actually teaching me to become a great photographer.  I enjoy it nonetheless.  I encouraged my friend to try picture taking and we went to “Henry’s”. She bought a little Canon.  Well I opened a hornet’s nest.  She has been snapping the most amazing photo’s.  I am somewhat jealous.  (No, really I am impressed). Any way that is why I choose this set of books for my Christmas gift. I can hardly wait.  Here is one of her photo’s that I think is a contest winner.   

1 comment:

  1. I like it -- and understand the jealousy / admiratin thing. sort of feel that way with you and your wit!

    ReplyDelete