my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 2

First day is done now. Let me just get you up to speed on my bedtime ritual.  Kids were good and brushed their teeth and went right to bed.  Me, on the other hand had to figure out a new routine.  First of all the bed is on the wrong wall so that threw me off.  Fluff the pillows.   They were too full of fluff they were too high for my neck.  Turn on the TV, which was a challenge because of the different remotes in this house.  Nothing worth watching so I thought I would play a game of scrabble on my DS to help me fall asleep.   I had one game and the darn computer beat the pants of me.  Two bingos and they were both on two triple word scores.  Who does that.  Then I turned out the lights and tried to sleep.  Tick tick tick… blasted clock on the wall, what was I going to do about that.  Yep got up and took the batteries out.  Hung it back up and climbed back in bed.  Sheets were too hot so I fought with them for a while.  Snoring woke me up and I am embarrassed to say it was my own snoring.  Finally morning and I get up to start the lunches.  Make coffee and try to watch Breakfast television.  The kids were amazing, they got up and got dressed and made their bed and came down for breakfast, then the two older ones went upstairs to practice piano and guitar.  Everything is still fine except I didn’t get my timmies coffee in the morning which I desperately needed.  Work was busy and it was good to get out at noon.  I went home and got my own bed sheets and pillows.  All set for a good nights sleep tonight.  Right now the girls are playing nicely.  I think they are playing house.  Earlier I played snakes and ladders with them.  Did I tell you how much I hate that game.  No one likes going down the snakes which was true of Cassidy, then me and Vic is all smiles until it’s her turn and she was in the lead the whole time.  No second game of snakes and ladders for me.  Now it’s time for Cass to study her spelling again, I drilled her all last night until she finally got them all this morning and I told her she was going to ace the test today, and she informs me that the test isn’t until Friday.  Oh all that hard work.  So good night. Nette

2 comments:

  1. You've got an adorable family there so what are you wailing about? Try feeling so low with nastyu cold. I feel like crying.

    ReplyDelete