my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Alarm

I go to bed week nights and dread the thought of waking up the next day.  Not because I want to sleep in but because waking up with a scare is not fun.  Yes my alarm clock scares the crap out of me in the mornings. It is one that has a buzzer that simply scares the living daylights out of me.  When I wake up from a good dream with a loud shrill, my whole day goes to pot.  If I wake up about an hour before the alarm is about to go off, I’m scared to fall back to sleep because I dread the buzz.  If I wake up about ½ an hour before the alarm I simply get up because I know what is about to happen.  Heaven help me if I accidentally hit the snooze button.  That is worse because you are just on the verge of falling back to sleep and the damn thing goes off again, and so on and so on. The other day I finally got the bright idea of changing it to the radio.  It doesn’t scare me nor does it wake me up.  So that problem isn’t solved. So how can I avoid that buzz and still wake up every morning without being late for work?  I guess I can buy a new one that is not so loud that it scare me, but loud enough to wake me.  Can I actually go into a store and ask to hear the alarm.  I don’t think so.  So I must think of an alternative.  I could get someone to give me a wakeup call like in hotels.  I could let my cat sleep with me again, (he would put his paw on my face when it was time for his breakfast.) but he is a night owl and gets into stuff at night, so I will eliminate that idea.  What about a blinking alarm like the hearing impaired use. Not sure that will work because I sleep under the blankey.  I live for weekends for many reasons but to go to bed without turning on the alarm is heaven.  Goodnight friends, (and John boy), Nette

1 comment:

  1. What about one of those alarm clocks that start off quiet and gradually get louder? That way you have a chance to beat the "Holy crap, that's loud!" moment.

    ReplyDelete