my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 4 and David Cassidy

Day four I got some steam back in the morning but now it is 9:30 and its been a busy evening with games, crafts, movies (Barbie and ken movie), Nintendo DS, snacks, bedtime stories and now time to blog.  By now I am sure you are tired of my babysitting blog so I will give you a break and tell you about an old show I watched,                                I took this photo....
It was a repeat of “The Partridge Family”, and I could have thrown up.  Sooo lame. Where was the talent?  My favorite David Cassidy can’t act and is so scrawny.  They sure weren’t cut like the young guys these days  (oh I’m such a cougar).  I remember hurrying my homework and setting up my cassette player with a fresh tape in it so I could record the song of the week.  Finger on the record button and the microphone ready, waiting for them to  sing “I Think I Love You.” Of course it never came out very well because having 5 other kids in the house and at least 4 of them running around screaming they would be recorded onto my tape too. Erase!  Kids don’t know how good they have it.  We had to improvise on so many luxuries that our kids have nowadays. I would sit in front of the radio ready to record the hits.  Most of the announcers would yak well into the beginning of the song.  You would have to rewind then try to record again.  What a hassle.  If only Itunes were invented in my day.
My favorite actor and show in high school was the Mod Squad and I was so in love with Michal Cole.  I am afraid to watch an old episode of Mod Squad because I don’t want to lose my image of Michael Cole like I have David Cassidy. Speaking of David Cassidy I think he is on the show “The Apprentice”. I have never seen that show but I might tune in just to see him. A couple of years ago I dragged my friend to one of his concerts and made quite a fool of myself.  Just like the sister in Drew Barrymore’s Music and Lyrics. 
Ready for day 5, Nette 

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! When I saw "Music & Lyrics" that is exactly what I thought "just like Nette". And your disillusionment of David Cassidy - too funny. (though I think he is a bit porky today?) I know, the old shows do seem lame when watching them again . . . but I still like nostalgia! I'd watch Mod Squad again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sister in Music & Lyrics is my favourite part of the movie! That's awesome that you were like that, too.

    ReplyDelete