my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Breath Right Strips


Christopher writes...
“As I watch my aunt doze in a drug-induced slumber across the living room from me, I can't help but smile. It's a rather inappropriate reaction really, especially considering the fact that she can barely breath and is forced to miss work today on account of a mean, nasty cold bug. But I'm smiling for two very purposeful reasons. One reason is because the sounds of her snoring have always been a source of entertainment for children and adults of all ages; this is because each snoring session is unique and original in so many ways. One of my favourite original compositions adopts the pattern of one loud, crude intake of air followed by several sharp puffs that are exhaled in such a comical, ridiculous fashion that one cannot help but be tempted to poke and prod the musician and ask, "Is she just kidding?"
The second and more important reason I'm smiling is because, in that relaxed, vulnerable state my aunt is completely content and unaffected by the world around her (aside from the random buzzing/beeping sounds coming from her blackberry). She is able to dream her own world and experience her own fantasies without the restrictions of logic and social expectation. David Cassidy might invite her to his dressing room backstage after his concert or she might actually win the lottery this week, indulging in her dream of having a quaint little maid to serve her wine and sandwiches.”
I am quite embarrassed printing my nephews comment on my snoring which brings me to my blog today,  My friend told me how happy she is because she finally got some sleep.  Her husband finally used the amazing Breathe Right Strips a couple of nights ago and she comes to work saying she is in heaven.  She didn’t have to sleep in the basement due to his snoring.  Two nights in a row she slept in her own bed and her husband came home from work and said he was full of energy due to getting a good nights sleep.  That gave me the courage to try the Breathe Right Strips.  I thought if I can get a good nights sleep I will try them.  (I was saving them for summer when my friend and I plan a weekend away and I don’t want to be embarrassed by my snoring)  I hesitated because I feared I would wake up with an allergic reaction to the strip and always thought I would try it on a weekend just in case.  So last night I put it on and prayed for no reaction.  You guessed it, I was awake all night worrying about it and feeling the strip attached to the bridge of my nose.  I don’t know if I snored or not but I sure didn’t sleep.  The alarm went off and I jumped out of bed and went to the mirror.  You guessed it.  My nose looked swollen and sure enough when I ripped it off there was a bright red strip on my bridge.  Yikes….  Thank goodness for cover girl.  Yep lots of it on my nose.  Why do I do this to myself.  Yes a good nights sleep is important but I perfer the natural way.  Give me drugs..  Nette

2 comments: