my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chocolate

I adore it!  If you were to ask me what my favorite chocolate is, I’d say all of them, except the ones with the pink or orange inside.  I can take it plain, dark, semi-sweet, bitter, melted, with fruits and nuts, creamy or sweet, gooey or crunchy, with liquors or not .  The mere scent of it makes me happy, and to have a taste…. heavenly!  No wonder I am addicted to it. (but, what woman isn’t?) We still have boxes of chocolates from Christmas hiding in the cupboards at work and today we opened the pot of gold.  I always like to take the square one in one of the corners which is most likely to be caramel.  One of my favorites.  How to eat from a box of chocolates?  Never never go to the second layer until the first layer is gone.  That’s like reading the last page of a book ahead of time.  Can’t do it.  I bite my tongue at work when someone does it since its not my box of chocolates.  Boxes of chocolates always reminds me of my childhood.  Mom would get a box and would share them carefully, one a day.  When I was 13 and my sister was 14 we babysat together at the neighbors on New Years Eve.  On the coffee table was the biggest double layer box of chocolate we had ever seen. “Help yourself to as much as you like” Their mom said.  We were in heaven. So we thought, until something terrifying happened.  Some high school boys decided to try to break into the house. (they saw us through the window when the parents left).  We were so upset that we didn’t even eat any chocolates.  (its quite a long story so I may tell it another time.) Needless to say it didn’t scar me for life so offer me chocolate and I won’t say no. 
Hope there’s some left at work tomorrow.  Yum yum,  Nette

2 comments:

  1. I completely missed the Pot of Gold today! Which isn't really a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hungry now. Think I'll head to granny's for chocolate and rye bread!!!

    ReplyDelete