my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Monday, January 10, 2011



  David and I went for a walk yesterday and got some lovely shots of these chilaxing geese.  We went to future shop Saturday morning and he bought a sweet camera.  It is a Sony 20X slr.  Worth $500.00.  He got it on sale as it was an open box sale for $295.00.  I’m jealous.  We had a nice walk and good conversation.  As we were watching these beautiful birds just minding their own business it brought to mind the tragic incident on New Years Eve.  The birds, witnesses said, died moments after the first blast of fireworks rang out. The spooked fowl flew in a disorientated manner down Speedvale Avenue, hitting power-lines and vehicles “.  When I look at the photo above I can see what a shock the first bang of the fireworks were to these beautiful sleeping geese.  I hope next year they take better care in preparing for the fireworks.  Lets take care of our wildlife and enjoy their beauty.  Nette

1 comment: