my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Scrabble anyone?

A friendly game of scrabble?  I don’t think so.  Sure it starts out friendly but take my spot where I was planning a “bingo” (using all your letters and getting 50 point bonus). We played scrabble quite a bit with my mom when I was younger (a young adult I mean) Can you believe it, my mom who’s first language is Danish, can beat the pants off you.  She’s sneaky.  I can’t get mad at her because she is so cute.  I have been playing scrabble on my Nintendo DS for a year or two, and am pretty good at it. I beat the computer every time, (almost every time).  I have the 2 letter words down pact and know where to sneak them in on a triple word score.  Like QI, love that one.  If you get the Q on a triple letter, that’s 30 points.  My friend AKA Louise, (my game name is Thelma) and I played scrabble at her cottage for the first time last summer.  She wasn’t a big player but now look out she’s found the tricks. Triple this, triple that.  We played this weekend and I have major competition with her. It gets more competitive after a few glasses of wine.  Yes we are still friends.  Okay now for the stinger!  I logged on to pogo.com and tried scrabble on line.  I started at the beginners level and played the robot.  I was doing pretty good until a real person jumped in on my game.  Dah she/he had to be a pro.  I was ambushed.  Not happy. (cus I thought I was good) . Michelle at work plays on line quite a bit and told me about pogo.com.  I was afraid to play with her because I didn’t want to lose.  As I’m practicing with the robot I get a message. “I see you” yes it was Michelle.  Nooo I’m not ready for you.  We played 2 games and damn she’s good.  I need more practice with the sneaky 3 letter word.  Am I addicted to Scrabble, you bet.  Bring it on, but give me some practice time.  Nette

3 comments:

  1. I lOVE pogo! I experienced the same subversion of my confidence when I logged on for the first time a few years ago. *le sigh* There are some pretty darn gifted players out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you need a little help or just somewhere to study some scrabble strategy I put together a site at scrabblefinder.com that has word lists such as x words, words with no vowels, words with only vowels, and of course the really useful 2 letter scrabble words. If that fails there's a word finder that tells you what words can be made from the tiles you have - only as a last resort though!

    ReplyDelete