my family

my family
can't we have a serious photo for once

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day of Recovery

I have been flat on my back for 5 days.  I won’t go in to details but holy crap was I sick.  I finally ate a piece of toast late on day 3 (It looked like toast but didn’t taste like it).  Water and tea, water and tea.  Then, some low salt chicken noodle soup. Yuck. Well, yesterday Chris and I ordered the Festive dinner (Swiss Chalet online), My taste buds have finally returned to somewhat normal.  I ate slowly and only had a small portion. Damn it was good.  As I was concentrating on enjoying the taste and eating slowly I realized that I have forgotten to slow down and enjoy a meal.  Gobble Gobble and it’s done.  This year I am going to make an effort to “not pig out”. 
Most people have a lot of criticism regarding New Year’s resolutions.  “Why make them if you’re only going to break them?”  Etc.  I never make them for that reason.  My “goal” this year is to make some health changes, one is to eat slowly for not only the reason above but also for the fact that at my age my metabolism is dramatically low so this may help improve that.  Exercise is always on our list.  Yes it will be a “goal” of mine.  The hardest of all in my opinion, for me anyways and I don’t even know why. 
I wish you all a healthy and prosperous 2011, you are all blessed and I am blessed to have such wonderful loving friends and family.  Cheers to all of you. Nette
P.S. look forward to a movie review I will post soon.  oh so good.

1 comment:

  1. I agree - resolutions are lame. Just do it. Glad you are feeling human again. I am still sneezing and seedy.

    ReplyDelete